Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dear Everleigh (17 Months!)






Dear Everleigh,

You just turned 17 months old (wow! a year and five months old!), and I'm sorry this post is a few days late, but I've been so busy enjoying you lately, I haven't dedicated much time to writing. This was a big month for you! Even though there weren't any huge visible changes-- like busting out some new teeth or growing several inches--you are really becoming a Big Girl, and I couldn't be more proud. Here are some of the highlights from the month:

"Tattoo"--you were curious about Daddy's two large tattoos, and after he explained them to you and told you what they were called, you glommed right on. Now every time you see Daddy's arms, you say "Tattoo", except you put the emphasis on the first part of the word--"TATToo". It's very cute. Last night you got into a sticker book and started putting stickers on your arms and saying "TATToo". Sigh. We love you. No tattoos (or TATToos) for awhile though, k?

Daredevil--honey, you may be trying to worry me to death :) You LOVE being daring, and taking everything as far as you can. Right now, you're way into trying to climb over the back of the couch head first, and even though we catch you every time and stop you, you're determined to experience this rush. I don't think what you think is going to happen will happen. You also started standing on your rocking giraffe, which I understand. But lately you've been taking it a step further and standing on the back rail while holding on to the handles. Maybe you'll join the circus? Be a stuntwoman? Whoever you are, you are brave.

No. No. No (shaking head). No. --ok, it's still pretty cute. But lately when you decide your response to a question is "no", you make sure you get the point across by saying no in a way that leaves no wiggle room. Furiously shaking your head and saying "no" in several different pitches.

"I do"--I'm pretty sure you've never uttered the word "yes", but sometimes if we say "do you want more peaches?" or whatever, you'll say "I DO!", which we love.

"Happy"--Sometimes in mid-play, you will look over at me or Daddy and just say "happy". It literally makes my heart swell. It's amazing how that simple word confirms to us that we're raising a happy girl.

Family time--we've been setting aside lots of time lately for family time, and it's been sooooo good for all of us. The more time we all 3 spend together, the more I feel complete joy in my life. You are so special, Ev. It's impossible to have a bad day with you.

Dreams--you're doing so much better sleeping on your own like a big girl most of the time! Sometimes though, I'll slip in and watch you sleep, or lay with you in the early morning. Lately, you've been talking in your sleep a little. Last week while in a deep sleep, you said "puppy" and just this morning you whispered "Daddy". I hope you're having lovely dreams of puppies and your Daddy while Mommy snuggles you close.

I wish I could tell you how much having you has changed me, but I really couldn't begin to put it into words. Your Daddy and I are so proud of your intelligence, your strength, your bravery, your sense of humor, your sweet nature. And hey, it never hurts to be really good looking either (wink). Never forget--we love you and we're all in this together.

Love always,

Mama

1 comment: